Tension Headache Treatment in Chennai
What is Tension Headache?
- Tension headaches are common primary headaches, other than migraines. Tension headache pain is all around the head like a tight band.
- Tension headaches tend to be episodic in nature. In general, this happens once or twice a month. It is also possible to have chronic tension headaches.
What are the Risk Factors of Developing a Tension Headache?
- The tendency for women to get tension headaches is higher than that of men.
What is the Diagnosis and Treatment for Tension Headache?
- A thorough examination by a pain physician or neurologist is essential for diagnosis. CT scans may be required. Lifestyle adjustments, food pattern changes, trigger avoidance will help. Your physician may advise appropriate medicine to reduce the headache.
- Some patients may benefit from pain procedures like
- sphenopalatine ganglion block
- Botulinum toxin type A injections
- Cefaly neurostimulator device