Myofascial Syndrome Treatment in Chennai
What is Myofascial pain?
Myofascial pain is an entity that caused widespread muscle pain in different parts of the body. Usually, upper and lower back muscles are affected.
What is the Cause of Myofascial pain?
Muscle spasm and pain could be secondary pain due to a spine or nerve root problem.
What it is like to have a Myofascial pain?
Muscle spasm may be felt as tight, swollen muscles besides the spine. Sometimes very tender spots described as trigger points can be felt.
How can Myofascial pain be Treated?
- Good sustained stretch exercises of affected muscles will relieve myofascial pain.
- Muscle relaxants can hasten the recovery.
- Primary spine-related problems to be addressed as well.
- Trigger point release / Trigger point injections will be required.
- Sometimes Botulinum toxin Type A injections are given to the affected muscle to released spasm.